Thursday, 14 January 2016

The 2016 Competition Music

On the Three days of the Championships you will have some Amazing DJs looking after you. And they will play during the frequent freestyle and night sessions. But apart from one category (Swinging the Blues, which is Lisa's and Dave's baby) I will pick the Competition music. It's a task that I take very seriously and the process began not long after last years competitions. In the photograph you can see three vital USB sticks. Yes, difficult to believe, but I have a system!!!
 
As I listen to music and hear an old or new potential track it will get put onto the small green stick. This lives in my car and is listened to as I drive to and from gigs. It currently holds around 840 possible tunes. If I deem it as a real possible then it goes onto the middle purple stick and I go through that from time to time. Currently this holds around 60 tracks. The big Green stick is track's that will get played. Currently 5 tracks. But tracks do get deleted.


Chris Uren

 However, I am constantly hearing and reviewing new music, a track could make it on as late as the Friday Night; So a long way to go yet. And what makes a competition track. Well maybe I will try to explain that next time. How a track is good for one category and not another etc. Until then a link to my Spotify List to give you a flavour of what could be on the cards for you.

Just A Few Blues Tunes

Now if you are still sitting on the fence. Get off and book. It's going to be a great weekend. Book by going to the Website http://curlywurlyevents.com/blues-.php or you can contact myself or Lisa via our Facebook Pages
Lisa Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lisa.c.graydon?fref=ts
Chris Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dj.chrisuren

And if your desperate to speak to a REAL human then Lisa on 07763 134026


 

No comments:

Post a Comment